This position provides direct assistance and support to the underwriting department, our agents, policyholders, and Chesapeake Employers’ personnel while striving to accomplish business unit goals and strategic initiatives. Produce, analyze and disseminate data in accordance with company guidelines and standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathers and enters applicant information for acceptability into various underwriting programs or prepare account information for referral.
- Respond to customer requests for Certificates of Insurance, cancellations, endorsements, loss runs, and copies of policies.
- Process and deliver Other States transactions.
- Identify and meet the needs of customers by providing superior customer service while serving as a resource for the Underwriting Department.
- Process filings to the Department of Labor.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to the department as required.
- Accountable for premium and service objectives as established in company/department business plans.
- Process simple policy transactions in accordance with authority.
- Enter data quality corrections.
- Respond to customer billing inquiries.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years’ experience in a P/C insurance environment.
- Workers’ Compensation claim or underwriting experience preferred.
- High school degree or AA degree or equivalent insurance industry experience.
- Basic PC skills required.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Superior customer service energy.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Bias for Action
- Knowledge Sharing
- Deliver Results
- Service and Sales Excellence
- Personal Leadership
- Teamwork and Communication
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required, which includes close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Office environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
Interested in joining the Chesapeake Employers family? Click the button below to get started.