Adjuster Tip of the Quarter:
Fall 2018

If your injured worker receives
a bill for medical treatment related
to a compensable workers' compensation claim, please inform the medical provider that the bill is related to a work comp claim. Then have the medical provider send IWIF the bill for treatment related to the work comp injury. For expeditious payment, the provider should use one of these proper forms: CMS 1500,UB-04, or ADA Dental Claim Form. For State agencies, all work comp-related medical bills should be sent to:

Attention: Medical Payment Dept.
P.O. Box 9899
Baltimore, MD 21284-9899

IWIF State of MarylandSafety University

Injured Workers' Insurance Fund • 8722 Loch Raven Blvd. • Towson, MD 21286   410-494-2000  1-800-264-4943   Privacy Policy and Data Security